By Einar Jensen
Read Online or Download Ancient Fire, Modern Fire: Understanding and Living With Our Friend and Foe PDF
Best folklore & mythology books
There exists a robust tendency inside Western literary feedback to either deny the lifestyles of epics in Africa or to see African literatures as unique copies of eu originals. In either circumstances, Western feedback has mostly didn't recognize the uniqueness of African literary aesthetics.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Why have societies all the world over feared witchcraft? This publication delves deeply into its context, ideals, and origins in Europe’s historical past The witch got here to prominence—and usually a painful death—in early smooth Europe, but her origins are even more geographically varied and traditionally deep. during this landmark e-book, Ronald Hutton strains witchcraft from the traditional global to the early-modern stake.
A captivating choice of conventional Blackfoot tales revealing the frailty of mankind and the long-lasting energy of narrative. Napi, the previous guy of the Blackfoot kingdom, seems to be prominently in mythology, occasionally as a quasi-Creator, occasionally a idiot, and occasionally a brutal assassin. even supposing Napi is given credits for growing some of the gadgets and creatures in the world, and certainly the Earth itself, the Blackfoot don't think of him to be god-like.
- The Terror That Comes in the Night: An Experience-Centered Study of Supernatural Assault Traditions: Experience-centred Study of Supernatural Assault Traditions ... of the American Folklore Society)
- The Flower of Paradise and Other Armenian Tales (World Folklore Series)
- Be a Real-Life Mermaid: Unleash Your Inner Siren with a Colorful Swimmable Tail, Seashell Jewelry and Decor, Glamorous Hair and Makeup, Fintastic Persona and More
- Tears Of Rain - Ethnicity & Hist: Ethnicity and History in Central Western Zambia (500 Tips)
- Unsettling Assumptions: Tradition, Gender, Drag
Extra info for Ancient Fire, Modern Fire: Understanding and Living With Our Friend and Foe
Ancient Fire, Modern Fire: Understanding and Living With Our Friend and Foe by Einar Jensen